Joint Sales & Marketing Go-To-Market Programs
Boost revenue generation by executing full-funnel programs that cut across Sales & Marketing
In digitally-enabled and content-fuelled world, customers don’t care whether it is marketing content or sales people that help them buy. This development also means that companies with tightly aligned sales & marketing see 25-30% higher 3-year revenue growth.
Deploying joint Sales & marketing programs – in contrast to marketing campaigns or sales pushes – is a practical way of ensuring this collaboration.
Segmentation and Value Propositions
What we do
At Kvadrant Consulting, we help sales & marketing teams work together around a coordinated set of actions to deliver on shared revenue KPI’s. While these programs can be segment, geography or solution-area specific, we usually support on the following activities:
- Define target segments, evaluate revenue potential and understand the buyer journey
- Develop the go-to-market approach, including how to engage the target group and with which messaging
- Develop the needed content and tools, to build awareness, generate & nurture leads, facilitate sales meetings and create winning proposals.
- Develop the playbook that enables decentral teams to execute the programs independently
- Define the internal collaboration and governance model. This includes team composition, roles & responsibilities, reporting format & frequency, as well as work flow
Covid-19 Commercial Leadership Playbook
How we work
Joint sales & marketing programs require alignment, coordination and orchestration across functions and workstreams. To address this, we usually work sprint-based during the development of the toolbox, while supporting clients on the program management once it is running:
1. Development sprints where we, together with the client team, work on the toolbox as fast as possible. Classical waterfall like project management falls short, as there are many moving part and companies can rarely allocate + 6 months to develop the content and toolbox needed to execute the program. Instead, we prefer to work with a small, but empowered, cross-functional team, capable of developing all the needed parts of the program without extensive stakeholder alignment and documentation requirements.
2. Anchoring and enablement of the sales & marketing professionals that are working on executing the program. This includes onboarding to the program background, purpose, operating model and KPI’s. It also includes training in, and simulation of, how to use the toolbox during customer engagements
3. Ongoing monitoring and adjustments. Once the program is running, we keep track of objectives such as leads generated, meetings held, opportunities created. We also collect qualitative input on what is working and what can be improved. Based on the quantitative and qualitative input we iteratively adjust the go-to-market approach or toolbox accordingly.
Contact our Experts
Our Latest Thinking on Joint Sales and Marketing Revenue Programs
Six ways BTB Marketing functions can make themselves indispensable to Sales
Leadership & Transformation
Why the Time is Right for Most B2B Companies to Introduce a Chief Revenue Officer
Want to explore the rest of our expertise areas?
Bredgade 20 1st floor
Follow us on social